Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Pepsi Truck Pit Maneuver

This morning, I donned long johns, a flannel shirt, jeans, a hoody, wool socks, a beanie and gloves in preparation for the drive from Abilene to Arlington, and it wasn't just because I wanted to look cool. This was the result of an exciting week for the Stinson brothers' cars...

We started off the week right with Jonathan coming out of his office to find his car smashed up. Someone decided it'd be fun to bust in a window, hit the taillights and randomly hit other spots on his car. It was so random. They didn't even steal anything.

The next bit of excitement came yesterday morning. I was driving down Ambler, headed towards ACU, when I suddenly felt a nudge and the back end of my car started to slide to the right. My car did a 180 around the front of the Pepsi delivery truck to the left of me into the center lane where I smashed into a huge F-250 in the middle turning lane rear first. Don't worry. Everyone was okay. The Pepsi semi ended up with a scratch on the bumper, the F-250 just had the huge grill on the front of it bent a bit, and my car was totaled. The back bumper ended up touching the back seat, about 3 feet further forward than it should have been. Apparently, the Pepsi driver didn't see me when he decided to occupy my lane.

So now you know why Jonathan and I bundled up this morning to drive 175 miles with the temperature in the 30's without a driver's side window. Good times, great oldies.

7 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

I never did like Pepsi - but Mountain Dew is a different subject. I'm glad you weren't hurt. Why don't you ask for a lifetime supply of Mountain Dew in addition to getting your car replaced!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mark said...

if you read PEPSI upside down and backwards, it reads "IS dEd".

Good thing you're not.

By the way, you're going to have to sign a waiver next time I leave your 100-mile radius vicinity. Shooting, car crash...what's next? You're basically Jason Stidham already.

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

You always have to one-up yourself, DanX.

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed the vid :p

Anonymous said...

where you been?

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks