Saturday, June 7, 2008

Inbetween

Just as I was beginning to feel a little at home in Abilene, everything got all turned around again. Many of the people I've grown closest to here have recently departed (or are about to depart) for other cities, jobs and lives. This includes college friends, coworkers, my church and new friends. It's just starting to hit me. I can now count on one hand the people I have more than a skin-deep relationship with here in Abilene. Though I'm here until the end of August (as far as I know), I already feel like I'm between here and the next place. That disconnected feeling makes it hard to find reason to invest and construct. The things I have to do over the next few months seem to be already pulling me away. It's going to be a trying summer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling :)

I hope you find the courage to invest, even if its in strangers. If leaving doesn't hurt, the living you did in the place you leave wasn't worth it. :)

Unknown said...

Great comments from Phil Chill!

Thank you for your honesty, Daniel. As you know, this spiritual journey we are on is supposed to make us uncomfortable as we lean into people and into God. You are once again in a great place -- the place God has put you. I connect with your disconnect and your realizations.

Hang on for the ride, huh? But obviously not a ride alone. Praise God.

Love and prayers your way this summer(as always)!

Becki said...

I'm sorry Daniel, I'm right there with you. I hope you find at least one person for the summer. I find skin-deep acquaintances just make me feel lonelier. Lots of prayers for you.