Sunday, June 24, 2007

And I'm Off...

Tomorrow morning, at 7:15, I'm leaving. It's starting to set in. As I look at all the things I'm taking on the trip, I wonder if they're all going to fit in my backpack. As I peak around the corner at the next 3 months of my life, I'm starting to realize the enormity of the unknowns. I knew it would be like this, but knowing it and living it aren't the same. I feel as though I'm at the top of the first big drop of a roller coaster juuuust starting to cross the apex and am catching a glimpse of the steepness of the slope. There's no stoppin now.

Here's what I want you to pray for me:
1. That above all things, my motivation and drive will be love for God and people. (Luke 10:27)
2. That I will be perfected in love and fear will be driven out. (1 John 4:18)
3. That I will offer my body as a living sacrifice, my mind will be transformed and I will be able to perceive and follow God's will daily. (Romans 12:1,2)
4. That I will trust God and not myself, acknowledging Him in all things. (Proverbs 3:5-7)
5. That I will set an example in speech, life, love, faith and purity. (1 Timothy 4:12)
6. That I will choose life and not death. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

I'm sure there's many more things I need prayer for. Please be careful in what you pray for me and exercise wisdom through the Holy Spirit. Thank you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just asked me to be careful....