Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Estoy aqui

That´s right. I´m in Ecuador. I´m not feeling too talkative at the moment, so this is going to be a short one. I arrived last night at about 11 pm and Roberto and some of his friends were there to pick me up. We took a quick look around town, climbed the tallest hill in Guayaquil, Cerro Santo (meaning Holy Hill) which was a staggering 400 or so steps to the top. They call Guayaquil the flattest city in Ecuador. After that, we went back to the airport to pick up Ross and headed over to Roberto´s Aunt and Uncle´s house where we stayed the night. This morning Ross, Roberto and I prayed together and it was awesome. Roberto prayed in Spanish and I understood most of it which is good. That´s a cool connection and I look forward to hearing about Roberto´s time in Alaska. I definitely have the peace of God, but my flesh is trying to get me to start worrying about the weeks and months to come instead of just living now. God is my provider. I have nothing to fear. I don´t know the plans for the day, but already there are a couple different options emerging for this week. I´ll let you know what God says when I find out what I´m doing. That´s all for now. I´ll try to keep everyone updated as much as I can.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Glad you made it there alright. Good hanging with you last Saturday DANX - we'll miss you.

God will provide, and not normally WAY ahead of schedule either. I love the way Jesus sends his disciples out in pairs into all the towns and villages WITHOUT a moneybag. Trusting in him is foundational to spreading his message. You and Ross are there for that reason. Be blessed guys.