Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dear John

Well, I got a generic email from Farmers saying:
Thank you for your interest in our company and your recent submission to our Waco, TX (Abilene) - Property Claims Representative position.
We have reviewed your resume and have decided to continue our search for candidates whose skills and experience more closely match the position. We encourage you to review other open positions at our career site and wish you the best of success in your career search.
Thank you.

I'm a bit disappointed and feel a little deceived. If they didn't think I was qualified simply based on my resume, they should have told me so 3 steps ago before I spent hours filling out questionnaires and applications and driving to Lubbock and back.

This whole Farmers thing strikingly resembles a dating relationship that sputters out just as it's getting off the ground. You know the kind. After a few good dates and lots of flirting (maybe you even hang out with her friends), you're thinking about maybe making it "official", having a DTR (Determine The Relationship) and becoming bf/gf, but then out of nowhere comes, "oh, by the way, I don't like you. But, I still wanna be friends"... Not that that's happened to me before or anything...ahem.

So anyways, that's about how I feel right now, and I'm back to square one again... again. I definitely need some prayer help for some perseverance and encouragement.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Hey Daniel, hope you're feeling a little more optimistic today...I know denial letters (esp. generic ones) are deflating (just like tires). However...you said God was leading you to Abilene so he's got a plan in his own time. Don't we always wish it was ours :-) So do some reading and praying (I'll do some for you too) and don't get discouraged. God's got more planned for you than any of us know. By the way, the reason I ended up in Alaska and even had an opportunity to have such a great friend as you is because I got rejected from close to 100 companies when I graduated from college. There wasn't anything wrong with me, it just wasn't what God wanted. I'll be praying for you.

Mark said...

"chainsaw" is all that needs to be said in this comment...