Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two Steps Back and a Step or Two Sideways/Diagonally

If you haven't heard, yes, I'm moving back in Greyskull. For those of you who weren't aware, that's the name of the house I lived in my junior year of college which spawned He-man Nights, many a game of Smat, Greyskull Ride, the Pirates vs. Ninjas party, the 4 Room Challenge, and yes, the infamous Greyskull Soundtrack (featuring the hit single "Jezebel"). As of June, James, Brandon, Jonathan and I will inhabit this most modest of dwellings on E.N. 12th. James, Brandon and a few other guys (who are moving out come end of May) are already living there. It's pretty funny to think about. It seems that every move I make these days is reverting backwards. Watch out Mom and Dad! You're next (not really I hope)!

This upcoming Sunday, I'm flying up to Seattle to hang out with Ross. Happy birthday to me! Not only is it exciting because this will be my first days off in 6 weeks, but also because I really miss that guy. Our friendship is something I value deeply, and it'll be great to have some face-to-face time. I can't wait to see what kind of trouble we can get into this time around!

Aside from that, I got a new phone a couple weeks ago. I had my last phone for nearly 3 years. They've made a few advances since then. My new phone has a camera, mp3 player and pedometer. So fancy. It even came complete with a pair of little speakers. Don't be surprised if you're around me and I suddenly bust them out. I'm a little excited.

Also, I broke my personal bike record again. I hit 63 miles yesterday. Man, was I tired. Only 4 more months of training left!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Howdy! I'm trying to get my suthern accayent bayack. Hayows thayat? hahah.. so congrats on the record, the speakers, the ross and the UP AND COMING BIRTHDAY HURRAH! oh yeah.. and greyskull.. good times.. let me know if the paint is still missing from post penny removal. and if my mug is still in the cabinet :)

Unknown said...

We consider ourselves duly warned!! Mom and Dad

MistaB said...

He, he! You can't seem to get away without having ancient leftover items in the houses you live in can you? There were still mystery items at Gilead when they moved out recently!

63 miles, huh? Whoo! I used to bike around town a lot when I was a teenager, but that's some serious bikin'. It gives you a good excuse to buy fancy bike wear and gadgets that would otherwise look retarded on a casual biker! Don't tell me you're wearing speedos are you? Or do you look good in them now?

Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Greyskull--awesome!