Friday, September 14, 2007

Quick Health Update

I had my tri-weekly dressing change with the ET nurse today. The hole on my back is small enough now that she's using this super glue type stuff called Cellerate to finish off the back wound. It's made of collagen and smells like foot sweat (Don't worry. You can't smell it unless you put your nose up to the tube it comes out of). What's really exciting is that I got rid of my Wound V.A.C. today. That's right! No more man-purse. I feel a little naked now though. It feels weird to not have to pick it up and watch out for tubes all the time... but not a bad feeling. All that's left to do is a few more checkups and applying the Cellerate daily until it's all healed up. Also, the shingles I had were knocked out quick once I started taking the medicine five times a day. I was blessed enough to not have much pain. Thanks for your continued prayers.

No comments: