Monday, September 3, 2007

Surgeons and Shingles

Last Friday, I had a checkup with my surgeon. He checked me out and cleared me for any physical activity I feel like! That means on Saturday, I drove for the first time in 2 months. It was glorious. It felt so good to feel independent again. In general, I've just been feeling so much better. My energy level has improved so much. At this point, the only thing holding me back is the wound on my back closing up. It's very small, but not quite there yet.

Before I get carried away with too much good news, I might as well throw in that I've got shingles. For those of you who don't know what that is (I didn't before today), it's related to the chicken pox. Basically, I have a few bumps on the left side of the back of my neck and head running up a nerve. So far, it's been pretty uncomfortable and occasionally itchy, but I hear it can be extremely painful. So, it looks like it's more good times ahead for me. It's viral and usually related to being stressed (I haven't felt too emotionally stressed, but my body's gone through a bit), but not very contagious. You only have to worry about catching it from me if you've never had chicken pox and you use my towel or something of the like. I'm taking pills 5 times a day for it, and it should run its course in a few weeks.

In summary, I continue to improve rapidly, but I'd appreciate your continued prayers for the wound on my back and my newly acquired shingles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey so how long do you expect to be in Tejas? I'm visiting at the end of September.. It would be nice to see you.