Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

That's right. At about 9:30 this morning, I checked out of the hospital. We then headed over to one of the doctors' offices so I could learn how to self-administer antibiotics into my P.I.C.C. line (this semi-permanent IV thing that goes into my bicep) where the nurse told us all about meeting her Brazilian husband online, him staying over the first night, them living together and then them deciding to have many kids as fast as possible since they were already in their 30's (they stopped at 4, but may adopt). Ya, sounds fun doesn't it? It gets better. My dad picked up Taco Bueno for lunch and I had my first fast food in a month. Sadly I have to avoid spicy stuff for a little while, so no salsa. I already feel so much better just being free from my hospital cell and not always having tubes running this way and that out of me. I'm pretty tired now, but it's been a good day. One more highlight. I peed standing up and no one monitored or measured it... makes you feel like a man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an answer to prayer! I am so glad you are well enough to leave the hospital. Don't be tempted to do too much too fast.

Anonymous said...

I don't know Daniel--I'm assuming you had one of those catheter thingys while you were in the hospital. I can only imagine how "manly" you would have to be to tolerate that experience. Anyway, I'm glad you are on the mend.

Brooke said...

haha! i'm glad you are feeling manly again, and that you are finally out of the hospital. it's interesting to me to hear the other side of the hospital experience. i'm glad you're done with that phase of things. i hope you will be completely well soon!!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear u got to pee like a real man. i know exactly what you mean on that one.. after a month of it being moniterd or measured and junk, its nice to just go! haha

hows everything else going for ya?
i might drop in this weekend and see whats up. share some more gun shot storys with each other.

ttyl- paul