Monday, August 6, 2007

It's Working

The prayers are doing their job and God is working. We went in today to get the sponge and dressing on my back changed. They measured the size of the wound and it had reduced from 5cm to 4 cm deep and from 6 cm to 5 cm long: a complete cm both ways in only 3 days! That's some quick healing. Thank you for your prayers for my speedy healing. At this rate, it will be completely healed in only 2 more weeks. Keep at it!

Also, here's an update on the funds. After a check I know is coming comes in, I'll be up to $9,000. That's great. My goal is $14,000 which includes the insurance deductible and plane tickets. So only $5,000 more to go. I've been incredibly humbled by people's generosity. I've received hundreds of dollars from people who've never met me and thousands from people I know well. It's been so cool to see God provide for me through family, friends, acquaintances and complete strangers. Thank you so much for your support.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Gotta love when God works. I can't wait to find my way up to Seattle sometime to hang with you guys there. My prayer is that we'll find cheap flights between Chicagoland and Seattle. You'd love the forests and lakes of the upper midwest, and the sand dunes of Northwest Indiana.

I'm praying that God heals your body, but more so - I'm praying that he only intensifies your craving for him in this world, and that you live like a frikin' barbarian for him!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are getting better!