Saturday, August 4, 2007

Movin on up

This has been a decision long in coming, but I feel really good about telling y'all I'm moving to Seattle this fall. You may be wondering, "why Seattle." Straight and simple, that's where I've been seeing God lead me. Firstly, this spring I had complete peace and sureness that my time was done in Anchorage, so I knew it was time for a new place. Another part of seeing that leading is my partner in crime, Ross, being there for his 2nd year of med school at the University of Washington. I greatly value that friendship. Another piece is just plain liking the Northwest US. I like the laid back attitude, the cooler weather and the natural beauty found there. So I'm excited to see what God is preparing for me in Seattle.

I just looked at tickets for early September and a one-way only costs $125... so much cheaper than flying to Alaska! That's right, I said early September. That is the timetable I'm praying for and am asking you to join in agreement with me. In order for that to happen, the wound on my back has to be healed and my infectious disease doctor has to clear me and take me off antibiotics at the 4 week checkup. So let's boldly approach the throne of God together and eagerly await good things from our Good Father. The doctors have been telling me to not get my hopes up too much as it might take up to 2 months to be independent, so that I don't get depressed if it's slow-going. BUT, we are not a people called to be confined to and limited by normalcy and mediocrity. We are part of a heavenly kingdom with a King who is able to do more than we can ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20). We are a pure and holy people with a perfect High Priest and Savior who is at the right hand of God interceding for us (Romans 8:34). We possessors of the mind of Christ by the indwelling of the Spirit who intercedes for us in accordance with God's will (1 Cor. 2:16, Romans 8:26,27). When you think about it that way, no goal or obstacle seems so big (assuming you're seeking to walk in God's will). Thank you for your support and prayers.

1 comment:

MJ said...

at least seattle is a little bit close to anchorage? maybe we'll see you every once in a while..